How sweet it is to be back in my home town juggling at my favorite club. And how sweet it is to see double digits worth of jugglers show up by nights end to come and juggle. Granted, we didn't have over 10 jugglers at once, but we did have 10 total.
So in the past month I've gone to a bunch of juggling clubs. I've been at Carmine, The Vulcan in Oakland, Allsaints at Highgate in London, Oddballs near Camden Town tube stop in London and the Coydon juggling club in South London. With out a doubt, I love my Carmine. Where else can you walk into a gym to go juggle and be confronted with 30-40 super angry, super aggressive basketball players who, although incredibly noisy, do imbue the atmosphere with a certain hard core gym vibe. Do you want to pass? What are you kidding? I want to do some hard core, kick ass solo juggling to prove I am a bad ass so that Joe Basketball player doesn't kick my ass. My wife Kathy asked me to rank the juggling clubs I had been to this month. Here is my ranking
1. Carmine - Let's face it, we kick ass and I'll never shift this out of first place
2. Croydon - This was such a great space to juggle in and the music was actually really good. It was also super convenient (relatively) to my London hotel.
3. The Vulcan - Truly unique. No where else like it in the world probably. Where else are you going to find a commune of jugglers living in smoked out bliss.
4. Odd Balls - Just because it was a happening scene
5. Highgate/AllSaints. I like the low key vibe, but it is really just two guys in a room. James - You are a great juggler. Nick - Focus on playing more Jam.
Anyway, it was good to be back in NYC. I juggled 3 clubs and then 6 clubs for a bit. I flashed 6 clubs cleanly a couple of times, but couldn't get any longer runs.
We went out to Chinese food afterwards.